Mental Health Board Information
None at this time.
Request for Proposals
Annual Financial Report
- Agenda: September 18, 2018
- Agenda: July 17, 2018
- Agenda: June 19, 2018
- Minutes: May 15, 2018
- Agenda: May 15, 2018
- Minutes: April 17, 2018
- Agenda: April 17, 2018
- Minutes: March 20, 2018
- Agenda: March 20, 2018
- Minutes: February 20, 2018
- Agenda: February 20, 2018
- Minutes: February 6, 2018
- Agenda: Special Budget Meeting February 2, 2018
- Minutes: January 16, 2018
- Agenda: January 16, 2018
- 2018 CMHB Calendar of Meetings
- Agenda: July 18, 2017
Executive Committee Agendas/Minutes
- Agenda: May 30, 2018
- Agenda: May 2, 2018
- Minutes: May 2, 2018
- Agenda: April 3, 2018
- Minutes: April 3, 2018
- Agenda: January 30, 2018
- Minutes: December 18, 2017
- Agenda: December 18, 2017
- Agenda: April 10, 2017
- Minutes: April 10, 2017
- Minutes: March 14, 2017
- Agenda: March 14, 2017
- Minutes: January 30, 2017
- Agenda: January 30, 2017
Who We Are
Mental Health Board of Oak Park Township (CMHB) is a branch of Oak Park Township. The CMHB is comprised of nine residents appointed by the Township Supervisor with the approval of the Township Trustees. One CMHB member is a Township Trustee.
The purpose of the Community Mental Health Board is to assist in planning, developing, coordinating, evaluating, and funding mental health services in Oak Park. This includes services for persons with mental illness, alcohol or other drug dependence or developmental disabilities. The Township’s Community Mental Health Fund provides over $1 million in financial support for programs and services to 12-20 agencies per year in Oak Park.
In 1973 as a result of the Community Mental Health Act, a referendum was passed by the voters of Oak Park to
establish a Community Mental Health Board and levy an annual tax for the purpose '...of providing community
mental health facilities and services including facilities for the developmentally disabled and those with Substance
Following the successful referendum, the Township government appointed a nine-member Board of community representatives to
administer the mental health fund and to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the Community Mental Health Act.
The Community Mental Health Board of Oak Park Township held its first meeting shortly thereafter and quickly began to
develop general operating procedures and fund agencies.
One year later a full-time director was hired to coordinate the day-to-day affairs, assist the voluntary Board members
and add professional input and expertise to the Board's activities. As of 2007, the Board administers a budget of over
1.7 million dollars which provides funding for seventeen agencies and forty-three different programs, service coordination
activities for the Township, and administrative staff to fulfill our state mandate.
Our Purpose and Philosophy
The Illinois Community Mental Health Act mandates that each Community Mental Health Board in the state:
- Review and evaluate community mental health services and facilities
- Plan for programs of community mental health services and facilities
- Consult with others regarding the most efficient delivery of services
- Appropriate funds to maintain mental health services and facilities
The Community Mental Health Board of Oak Park Township sees its role in a larger context, however, than that presented in the
Act. The Board realizes that it exists at the will of the community as expressed by passing the referendum. The Board therefore
is mandated to assure on behalf of the community that those in need of mental health, developmental disability or Substance Use
Disorder services will have those services available to them. To accomplish this task the Board must continuously engage in policy
development focused on their governance of all access, quality and cost concerns for their constituency's behavioral healthcare needs.
'708 Board' or Community Mental Health Board is established by a community, municipality, or township for the purposes of planning and funding
mental health, developmental disability and Substance Use Disorder services.
For full text of the Community Mental Health Act go to:
MENTAL HEALTH (405 ILCS 20/) Community Mental Health Act
The purpose of the Community Mental Health Board (CMHB) is to:
- enhance the mental health and developmental potential of Oak Park residents
- establish an appropriate continuum of community support service
- manage local resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
The Community Mental Health Board of Oak Park Township shall provide leadership to develop a comprehensive array of community based
services, which are cost-effective, systematically evaluated, and responsive to evolving community needs. This requires a flexible
network of easily accessible services for the treatment and prevention of mental illness, developmental disabilities, and Substance
In pursuit of this vision, the board endorses the following concepts:
- accessible, community focused network of care.
- development of a continuum of care, responsive to the community and the evolving needs of clients-children or adults.
- client centered approach to the provision of care provided in a coordinated fashion responsive to presenting issues of clients.
- providing choice within an array of community-based alternatives.
- services must offer the opportunity to build on clients?€™ strengths as well as their disabilities.
- improve the quality of life for Oak Park residents with disabilities.
Board of Directors
- Nancy Staples, President
- Jaimee Reggio, Vice President
- Elizabeth Raleigh, Secretary/Treasurer
- Richard A. Carroll
- Bill Troyer
- Bruce McNulty
- Ade Oyanemi
- Gustavo Espinosa
- Janet Graf
Members of the Community Mental Health Board are appointed by the Township Trustees to four-year terms. The Board looks for individuals
with social service experience or experience in other areas directly and indirectly related to the field of mental health, developmental
disabilities, and Substance Use Disorder. The Community Mental Health Board meets on the third Tuesday of every month.
More information: Please Contact Oak Park Township at 708-383-8005, or see Oak Park Township about board membership and an application.
708.358.8855 x 2
708.358.8855 x 1
708-358-8855 x 0
Community Mental Health Board of Oak Park Township
1010 Lake St. Suite 616 Oak Park, IL 60301
Contact Vanessa Matheny about CMHB Operations, Contracts, RFPs, Strategic Plan, and financials.
Contact Pleshette Davis about: agendas, minutes, and other information.
Community Mental Health Board of Oak Park Township meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m.
CMHB Meetings are at 1011 Lake Street, 2nd Floor Conference Room, Oak Park, IL 60301. Locations are subject to change.